What are the requirements to directly publish images and videos to Instagram?
Here are some limitations and requirements of the Instagram API that you need to keep in mind:
- Account type: Only Instagram Business accounts (linked to Facebook) are supported.
- Number of posts: Each Instagram Business account will be limited to 25 API-published posts within a 24-hour moving period. This rate limit will not impact the mobile notification method.
- Content type: Single-image posts, Single-video posts, User Tags and Locations are supported (IGTV, Stories, Shopping tags, Branded content tags, Filters and Multi-image posts are not supported).
- Hashtags: up to 30 hashtags per post are allowed.
- @mentions: up to 20 mentions per post are allowed.
IMAGES MUST BE IN JPEG FORMAT and following these standards:
- Maximum file size: 8MB
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum width: 320 (will be scaled up to the minimum if necessary)
- Maximum width: 1440 (will be scaled down to the maximum if necessary)
- Height: Varies, depending on width and aspect ratio
VIDEOS IN MOV or MP4 FORMAT and following these requirements:
- Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, MOOV atom at the front of the file.
- Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
- Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
- Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.