Troubleshooting Google My Business
While publishing to GMB, please make sure you do the following:
Choose the ideal aspect image ratio:
Images and videos can help to boost social engagement towards your business.
Google map allows you to add images or videos in your list which represent the product to people that how it looks. They have certain practices regarded as an image ratio.
- The images should be of JPG or PNG format
- The picture's size must lie between 10KB and 5MB
- The minimum image's resolution should be 250x250.
- The photo should be related to the product.
The location must be verified:
Admittedly, people want to buy the product which is most nearly to them or have good reviews on Google listing. So, after completing your listing, you must have to verify your business location in GMB and check the location's status by clicking on the Manage location.
Correct Permission Level for the location listing?
Permission levels are prescribed set of permission which enables the user to perform their assigned duties. There are three types of user; owner, manager and site managers. You need to select the user type to perform the defined task for listing.
Are you posting to a Google My Business listing that has more than 10 locations?
Sadly no, Google My business hasn't allowed it's users to post more than 10 locations. If you added more than 10 locations then you'll receive a message from the GMB "This location belongs to a chain. The Local Post API is disabled for this location".
Till they haven't announced any changes regarded this. If they'll, we will let you know for sure.
If you receive an error while publishing to GMB, here's what to do:
- Error: Creating/updating a local post is not authorized for this location.
- Google My Business Listing not Appearing within the Drop-Down?
- Let's look into a few reasons why this could be happening.
1. Make sure that your location is verified.
Visit https://business.google.com/locations and ascertain that your location is coming as "Published."
2. You might be managing more than 100 locations.
Google My Business API restrictions prevent us to pull more than 100 GMB locations. To fix this issue, you can divide these between different Google accounts.
3. If your listing is part of a franchise.. you might receive the following message: "This location belongs to a chain. The Local Post API is disabled for this location".
In this case, it is to be noted that Google API does not support listings of more than 10 locations.
This particular error occurs when Google My Business doesn't allow you to post through its API.
According to the guidelines, any brand with equal to or more than 10 locations is not eligible for posting. To resolve this, please make sure that you have only selected less than 10 locations for each brand.