How to Fix Auth Errors? (Facebook Permissions Error #200)
Sometimes, you may receive the Facebook Permissions Error 200 when attempting to post to your Facebook Group or Page via ContentStudio. The recommended course of action to fix this error is the re-authorization of your Facebook account and allow all permissions.
This guide is for users facing this problem with Facebook Pages. If the problem occurs on a Facebook Group post follow this guide.
PS: If you're having trouble with a Facebook account, please contact Facebook directly via their Help Pages as Facebook settings are not something we at ContentStudio can assist with.
These are Common Error 200 Messages you might see:
- (#200) Insufficient permission to post to target on behalf of the viewer
- (#200) Requires either publish_actions permission or manage_pages and publish_pages as an admin with sufficient administrative permission
- (#200) The subject does not have permission to post videos on this target.
- (#200) The subject does not have permission to post photos on this page.
- (#200) Requires either publish_to_groups permission and app being installed in the group, or manage_pages and publish_pages as an admin with sufficient administrative permission.
This error usually means that the ContentStudio web app has not been granted full permission to publish to your Facebook Group or Page.
Here is how to fix Auth Errors:
1. Login to your Facebook account, and navigate to Settings & privacy
2. Under Settings & privacy, click Settings
3. Choose Business Integrations from the left panel
4. Search for the ContentStudio application in the Business Integrations. Once you find the application, click on Remove
5. Upon clicking the remove button, a confirmation popup will appear on the screen. Check/Uncheck the notification checkbox depending on your preference, then click on Remove
6. Content Studio has been successfully removed from integrations.
From Content Studio:
Now, open ContentStudio to restart the connection process and ensure that there are no problems. The following steps will guide you through the process.
1. Log in to your ContentStudio account, and go to Settings > Social Accounts
2. Under Facebook, find the Facebook profile from which you removed Content Studio earlier. In the Action column of that profile, click the Reconnect icon.
3. After clicking reconnect, a new interface will appear where you will need to enter your Facebook Password for authentication, then click Continue
4. Now read the Content Studio access details and press " Continue as (Account Name)"
5. You will receive a notification that your account is successfully updated. Hopefully, that resolved all the issues you're facing!
📝 If you're still facing problems, please email Support.