How to Post Instagram Reels using Content Studio
Instagram Reels offers short, engaging videos that don't disappear after 24 hours. Content Studio now allows users to post reels straight to Instagram after Meta released its reels API for external users. Schedule your reels from the tool's integrated dashboard and publish them directly to your business profiles on the platform.
- If a video meets certain specifications and is selected by our algorithm, it will appear in the Reels tab of the Instagram app.
- Reels with a duration between 5 and 90 seconds and an aspect ratio of 9:16 are eligible.
- The reels cannot be shown in album carousels.
- When an account is published, its privacy settings are respected. For example, when Allow remixing is enabled, published reels wil have remixing enabled upon publishing, but it can be disabled manually on published reels via the Instagram app.
- It is not possible to name audio files. The reels will be published with the original audio.
Note: Reconnect your Instagram social account to ContentStudio at least once so that the access token with the permissions is updated.
To publish a Reel
- Open the social composer and select the Instagram profile you want to post to.
2. Add a caption for the video post.
3. Upload a video with an aspect ratio of 9:16 and a duration between 5 and 90 sec either by picking from your PC or through Media Library.
4. From the “Instagram Publishing Options” select the “Direct Publishing via API” method and select the Post Type as either Reel, Feed, or Reel + Feed.
Feed: This will make the post go as a normal video post.
Reel: The post will publish as a Reel, as long as the requirements specified are met and the Instagram algorithm feels like it should be posted as Reel.
Feed + Reel: Same as the above-described conditions for Reel but this will also display the video in the Feed and the Reel tab.
5. The preview section shows how it will appear when posted as a reel on Instagram.
6. Set your preferred “Posting Schedule”, for this example we are using Post Now.
7. Click on Post now and your post will be published.
How it looks on Instagram:
For detailed specifications on the video files used in publishing Reels, refer to this article.