How to post through Instagram API?
Instagram has officially accepted our request for API access for content scheduling and publishing to their platform!
- You can now directly post single/multiple images, single videos, and reel posts with the direct publishing API without the need for push notification.
- If you plan to post Stories, you’ll have to install our mobile app to use the mobile notification method.
- Please follow these mandatory requirements to ensure the aspect ratio of your image and video matches.
Please make sure to re-connect your Instagram social account to ContentStudio at least once so that the access token with the permissions is updated.
If you want to post multiple images and single video posts using the Instagram API, follow the following steps to connect to the API and start publishing posts directly using ContentStudio.
1. Hover over the "Publish" in the top navigation bar and select "Composer".
3. Select the Instagram business account you wish to post to and compose your post.
4. You can upload multiple images or a single video file that you would like to post, following these mandatory requirements.
5. You can publish your post right away by clicking on Post Now, or you can schedule it for a later time.
For the Instagram publishing option, make sure that "Instagram API" is selected. In case that option is not clickable that could mean that the requirements mentioned above are not fulfilled.
- In case the image failed to post due to an error, you will see it mentioned under the "STATUS" in the Planner along with a description of the cause.